Helping Veterans with PTSD access healing retreat programs.
VETERANS ARE ABLE
TO CONNECT WITH
THEIR FAMILIES IN
WAYS THEY COULDN’T
Heroic Hearts Project is a nonprofit organization that helps veterans with PTSD to access coaching, retreat programs, and ongoing support. Less than 10% of veterans complete or experience a significant reduction of PTSD symptoms using traditional gold standard treatment programs for PTSD. 80% of veterans experience a significant or total reduction in PTSD symptoms after participating in just one HHP retreat program.
We use donations to offer scholarships that cover what veterans can’t, so they can participate in a retreat program as part of their recovery from PTSD without putting themselves in financial jeopardy.
To put one veteran through our program costs over $5000, not including administrative expenses. These costs include:
- 12 coaching sessions
- Travel overseas
- 5-7 day retreats focused on introspection and connection to self and others
We were founded and are led by veterans who healed PTSD using alternative retreat options, and our top priority is to help as many of our fellow veterans as possible to do the same.
Directly help as many veterans as we can:
- By scaling to add more retreats and reduce our ever-growing waitlist of over 1000 veterans while maintaining the quality of the experience for each individual veteran.
Create a strong foundation of community for veterans:
- By creating a digital platform for veterans on our waitlist and in our alumni program that contains resources, curates event/workshops, and provides opportunities to connect with other veterans
- By rebuilding the communities that have taken a toll since the start of the 2020 pandemic by Investing in local on-the-ground ecosystems for to support and community
- By creating infrastructure to help veterans build skills to help other veterans (coaching programs, leadership training, etc.)
Become the leaders in creating access to more effective PTSD treatment options for veterans
- By advocating for state and federal policy changes to create more systemic access to alternative PTSD treatment options, so veterans don’t have to go overseas for life saving care
- By pushing the envelope on research and continuing to use our research studies to shine a spotlight on the ways holistic programs can effect change in those suffering from PTSD
Because we’re a non-profit 501-C-3 organization, your donation is tax-deductible.